Friday, April 19, 2013

truth gets lost again


Mind made up with images that trap, radar dimmed by those horrible scars, revenge everywhere we’ll sort them out someway, there has been an attack on the roman empire, we resort to our training to hold and contain, justice is swift and soon were back on the beat, they’ll never get to us we swear, as off we go again and try to exploit some more, and this is the cycle of mankind, and it’s been like this for years, it’s relentless but we battle with our fears, defiant we fight back the tears, stubborn like we've always been,
stubborn till we get to the end of dreams.
I cant understand why my neighbor hates me, I can’t understand what I did to upset him, I can’t understand why our leaders fail me, I guess I better wake up before the truth overtakes me, I wonder if God will have the patience to save me, I can’t understand why the young don’t trust me, I wonder if it’s anything to do with the way they sexualize me, I wonder if the Valium will kill or save me, I wonder if there is an honest poet who just writes from the heart, I wonder if an agent will be a help or will fail me.
Expert opinion is called in fast spin doctor I mean but he’s an expert at heart, no such thing and here’s the reason why, will any of those experts explain why the world  is on  the brink, when I thought the expert would save me what a fool I was to start, believing in those who only respond to crisis with clarity and alarm, they repeat like an upset stomach that just seems to last and last, yet they keep rolling out these experts like old china in a fancy  display case, kept for special occasions when we need that expert part, and it goes on and on while small tummies quake all over the place, do you know what it’s like to starve
Roman empire builders had the fortune organized before they set off, wisdom they called for and war is where it starts, is everyone the world over blind cold indifferent and boring, only uppity and concerned when their lives have been encroached upon, seemingly yes, but they always said there will be poverty, they always said that life was not fair, they always said they’d be winners and losers, they often said that God most high had forgotten them, or was it the other way around instead, ask the exploited the children who can’t deal with it, the women who've been sexualized, the men who have been crucified, lots of questions to ask he sighs, where’s the truth hiding, he asks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment